Five signs of professional maturity (in six sentences)

Sometimes I feel like I am just getting old. Sometimes I think I am just getting smarter. The truth is that when it comes to work work, I think I am actually maturing. Sure, I'll make the occasional sophomoric joke and get really excited for our Friday afternoon beer cart but I'm not a kid anymore.

Here are five signs of professional maturity I've been noticing:

- I recognize that there are lots of "right" ways to solve a problem, and they aren't all mine

- I am proud when employees move on to a better job, even if it hurts

- I proudly admit that there are things I don't know (and don't need to)

- I'm willing to criticize and happy to be criticized

- I'm okay with silence in a meeting and waiting the person on the other side of the table to speak first

Maybe I'm delusional, but it feels like progress... what do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is market research recession proof?

2009 Market Research Predictions, Forrester Style

McCafe? Its Not Possible