I'm glad you're just sorry

There has been lots of talk recently about J. Crew's public apology about issues with their web site and whether or not they should have offered a "sorry gift." Two things I love here.


1. They have had a problem and they admitted it unprompted. Instead of trying to hide from their mistakes they went out of their way to tell people - who may or may not have experienced the problems - that they were sorry and fixing it.


2. They didn't bribe customers for forgiveness. Too often today company's throw free stuff at a problem and hope it will go away. Personally, I appreciate the apology for what it is and know that they are trying to fix it. I feel better about it than if they had simply given me $5 off my next purchase - which of course gives them more revenue in return.


Good work J. Crew. Apology accepted.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is market research recession proof?

2009 Market Research Predictions, Forrester Style

McCafe? Its Not Possible