I love you Twitter, but I am worried about you

Hey Twitter, I'm not sure I get you any more. I thought we had a good thing going but I am concerned.

First of all, I love you Twitter. Even if I understand why others don't. I use you for work to keep up with the marketing, tech, and research industries. I follow companies I like, brands and people I find interesting, and those that I compete against. If knowledge is a gift, than Twitter for me is Christmas 365 days/year.

But with brand pages and other enhanced features I am starting to worry about you. I feel like you are trying to be everything to everyone. You want what Facebook has and what Google is trying to take away. I get it. Facebook is printing money and all the cool kids love G+, but they don't have what you have Twitter. They don't have the constant influx of valuable content and the connections with like minded strangers. They don't have the beautiful simplicity of many mobile apps that make tweeting and reading tweets easy n any device (though they are trying to get there.)

But I worry about you, because you don't seem happy with what you have. You're eyeing the girl down the street with the cute eyes when you're in a good relationship that makes you and your partner happy. Stay strong and be who you are, don't try to be what you're not. Because I love you just the way you are.

Comments

Anonymous said…
SocialkikGreat site, Keep it up. New way, old way, it still FREE. Lovin it

Popular posts from this blog

Is market research recession proof?

2009 Market Research Predictions, Forrester Style

McCafe? Its Not Possible